I made some choclate chip cookies. I used the new york times recipe. I blame this on my sister. Last week she texted me to ask if i had ever heard of new york style cookies. No! Apparently a cookie store has opened in perth seeling these. As far as i can tell it means dense, chewy cookies.
So i was thinking about cookies, and i bought chocolate chips. Then on saturday, G mentioned making cookies but he wanted peanut butter cookies. We were too tired. I woke up on sunday morning and made the batter (the recipe calls for the dough to rest for 24hours). I got impatient in the afternoon and made a dozen, but the rest i made tonight. They are very nice, and you really do need the salt!
It was a crowded month! I am glad to have arrived march, but surprised at how time is flying.
I got glasses- for reading only. Not much of a surprise, but still.
The week seems to be passing oddly. Tuesday felt like it should be Thursday, but today feels like Wednesday.
Watching the Murdoch mysteries on tv. So many little digs at contemporary culture!
Somehow i have managed to book something for every weekend for next 6 weeks. Not sure how that aligns with relax more.
I don’t want a website to monitor my every move and only show me certain things. I dislike that level of intrusion and attempted mind reading (and i like it less when it fails)
I fell down an internet rabbit hole when i self diagnosed as a highly sensitive person (it is very weird when you can recognise some very specific traits in a description) i would have more faith in the description if one of the websites detailing coping methods didn’t offer to help me find my past lives.
My boss has started watching the handmaids tale and is talking to me about it. I haven’t yet- i read the book years ago. I have come to the conclusion that i don’t actually watch that much tv. It’s on in the evening, but a lot of the time we have the news channel on. I consume more media (articles and podcasts) about pop culture than i consume pop culture.
Gion, kurama, hikone, emu park
These are two of the origami things i have made with my calendar.
Just in case they are not obvious, this is a penguin and a dove. So far the origami options have not been great.
I also did some work on my rainbow. I finished one off last week and started the next. This picture is from last week, the rainbow is done now, just the cloud to do.
It has been an interesting week. Things that i like
1. Being home. We arrived home on Saturday and it is nice to sleep in our own bed, with soft pillows. Japanese hotel pillows are not plentiful and tend to be on the hard side, often with large beads/ beans on one side.
2. Monday night crafting with QCWA. A chance to relax and catch up. What i was working on
3. I finalised the AVETMISS reporting at work. It is an annual obligation, with a due date of the end of feb (the training industry struggles with reporting?) and i sorted ours out so early!
4. I tried a new gym class. It has been a bit hard to get to the gym this week, but there was a convenient class at the branch nearish to my work. It is a pilates reformer class using additional props, i havent tried it before and it was pretty good. Given my lack of gym for the last month, the fact i finished is also good.
5. Animal crossing pocket camp. It is a mobile phone game based on the popular nintendo game (i have one on my 3ds). Non competitive, wandering around collecting resources and exchanging them for other resources.
Its January, and i don’t feel too busy, but i was so frazzled yesterday i forgot to write a post. I was talking about my commitments last year and they commented how did i fit it all in? I don’t think i am that busy.
I work full time- office job, all about the thinky.
I am a member of QCWA (queensland country womens association) and am one of the vice presidents in my branch, which means that i do a bit of work. Theres is a branch meeting each month, a committee meeting and a knitting and crochet night. Sometimes there are extra things, but no this month.
I am volunteering at the 2018 commonwealth games on the gold coast. At the moment this doesnt require much. I had to do some online training and have an in person training at the beginning of February. I will be pretty busy during though!
I belong to a book club. We meet irregularly (next meeting is the same day as comm games training). Its mostly a lunch and chat thing.
I play touch footy once a week (touch version of a rugby variant) it is mostly a social thing, we are in the bottom rung of the comp. first game this year is next week.
I also belong to the good intentions book club, which has not met since its founding in 2014…
I go to the gym a couple of times a week
I also like to catch up with friends not in any of those groups and i have a husband who seems to think i should spend time with him 😉
Thats not so much? But i feel a bit frazzled at the moment. I think that is more coming back to work after three weeks off, and still being a bit off due to the ongoing cough